About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Alabama Shakes- Boys & Girls


On the heels of a pleasantly teasing 4 song EP comes the highly anticipated debut release from this Alabama foursome (hitting record shelves in April 2012). This is some serious deep south soul music with a dash of roots rock thrown in. Singer Brittany Howard is the real deal, she's got strong pipes, think of a cross between Betty Lavette and Janis Joplin, plays a mean guitar, and is gaining more confidence every time she steps on stage. The band is standard bar-backing musicians, but there's an obvious camaraderie between them and Howard that empowers her performances. Frankly, the sky's the limit for this young lady and I won't be surprised when she's performing duets with her icons at future Grammy award shows.


Buy this record so you can tell your friends that you heard her first.

www.alabamashakes.com


No comments:

Post a Comment