About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Most Over-Hyped Bands With No Future

This is the time of the year for giving so I want to give something back to our readers here at Buy This Record?. Most of the bands on this list will be bands that you've heard of. I'm giving you the present of time this holiday season by allowing you to save your ears and spend your resources on meaningful musical endeavors. You may think that you'll be gaining some indie cred or hipster points by listening to any of these bands, but ultimately you're just wasting your time. Frankly, you should just pick up an instrument and start making your own music. It will probably be more enjoyable and have more longevity than most of these artists. Cheers!

1) Cults
2) Wu Lyf
3) Odd Future
4) EMA
5) The Pain Of Being Pure At Heart
6) James Blake
7) Liturgy
8) Kanye West*
9) Best Coast
10) SBTRKT
* I realize that he has had a few successful records already, but he will leave no fossilized record in the Musical Time Scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment