About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sharon Jones- Soul Time!


Amy Winehouse's loss is Sharon Jones gain. There's no doubt that with the decline, and now tragic death, of Amy Winehouse, the boys at Daptone have been spoon-feeding Jones their A-list material. Jones packs a wallop into her tiny Southern frame, delivering fierce sermons that rival the rawness of Betty Lavette. She's also developed quite a formidable stage presence as well, if she were younger and more attractive she'd be a breakout star. But thanks to Daptone's authentic memory banks, we can enjoy our walk down this overgrown path of soul roots without fear of overcrowding.


Buy this record if the old lady wants you to clean the house but you think it's just fine the way it is.

www.sharonjonesandthedapkings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment