About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Daughn Gibson- All Hell


Is Daughn Gibson the next Lana Del Rey? The answer is yes. Will he be performing on SNL within 6 months? The answer is yes. Will he fade into obscurity? We'll see...
The internet hype machine has reached into its bag of absurdity and pulled out another glow stick. Now we have a truck-driving cross between James Blake and any guy who tries to sing Johnny Cash songs in the shower? Granted, Gibson, real name Josh Martin, did play drums in a middling sludge-metal act in Northampton County, PA called Pearls & Brass so he does, at least, have a musical pedigree, but this release says more about the power of Pitchfork Media, and the media's compulsion to define new cross-genres of music, than it does the artist's actual work.


Buy this record if you wanna say, "I knew about them" before everyone else forgot about them.

www.daughngibson.com


No comments:

Post a Comment