About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Best Songs of 2012: The Toe-Tappingest, Finger-Snappingest Tunes Around

One more quick list before the end of the world in a few hours. If the world is ending at midnight EST does that mean it will end at 9pm PST here in California? I just want to make sure I finish Season One of Supernanny before the end.
These are songs that I felt were exceptional on their own merit, were fine representations of their respective music genre, and will stand the test of time. I mostly tried to avoid songs from my Best Records of 2012 List, with the understanding that many of those songs I already consider to be some of the best. I instead opted for singles and songs from albums that may not have been consistently great, but did produce fine tuneage, maximum dance-ability, and massive riffage!
Cheers



1. A-Trak & Zinc- Like The Dancefloor (feat. Natalie Storm)




2. Carly Rae Jepsen- Call Me Maybe





3. Jessie Ware- Running (Disclosure Remix)





4. Twin Shadow- Run My Heart





5. Kendrick Lamar- Swimming Pools (Drank)





6. King Tuff- Alone & Stoned





7. Chromatics- Lady 





8. Screaming Females- It All Means Nothing





9. C. Spencer Yeh- Something Forever





10. First Aid Kit- Blue






11. Death Grips- Whammy






12. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs- Your Love







13. Frank Ocean- Thinking Of You





14. El-P- The Full Retard





15. Memoryhouse- Punctum






16. Poolside- Give It A Rest 





17. Deerhoof- Fete D Adieu






18. Mt. Eerie- Through the Trees Pt. 2






19. Shout Out Out Out Out- Now That I've Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better






20. Bill Fay- This World





21. Robert Pollard- Who's Running My Ranch?




22. R. Stevie Moore & Ariel Pink- Come My Way







23. Hurray For The Riff Raff- What's Wrong With Me








24. Andy Stott- Luxury Problems 







25. Bob Mould- Star Machine






26. Opossom- Girl






27. Lindstrom- Vos-sako-rv




28. Pallbearer- The Legend


No comments:

Post a Comment