About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Foxygen- We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic


Foxygen lead a fun-house tour into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame where lines dividing sincerity and parody are constantly blurred. Its often hard to tell if you should applaud the songwriting, the hooks, or the simple fact that this band crams an intense amount of 60s influences into any one song: here's a Dylan vocal, there's a Rolling Stones verse, here's a Pink Floyd breakdown followed by a Kinks chorus. This is the traditional rock equivalent of a Girl Talk mash-up. It's a refreshing journey through the pantheon or rock.


Buy this record if your ipad has an acid flashback.

www.facebook.com/foxygentheband

No comments:

Post a Comment