About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Monday, February 18, 2013

SBTRKT Live at Shepherds Bush Empire


There is a reason radio personalities are behind microphones, not a television camera.  There's a reason baseball managers are in the dugout and not on the field playing. And there is a good reason DJs are behind the turntables and not in front of the mic: their voices are terrible. SBTRKT fits this category. A lot of successful recording DJs are realizing that they need competent vocalists to attain crossover appeal to a mainstream audience, but most can't afford to take them on the road with them. It's painful listening to this set.


Buy this record when the Panda-faced ear muffs your wearing start speaking in tongues.

www.sbtrkt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment