About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cailfornia Wives- Art History


Basically, an uptempo version of American Analog Set that teeters on the edge of twee-pop innocuousness. Their sound works best on "Better Home", with a vaguely Fleetwood Mac feel: muted, pulsing guitar strumming and angelic "oh-oh-oh" background vocals, that provide the perfect compliment to a convertible car ride down Sunset Strip, or in California Wives case, a cruise around their hometown Chicago Loop's Lake Shore Drive. It's a well-produced record with some satisfying moments but ultimately elicits an anesthetized listening effect.



Buy this record if the squeaky hinge needs some oil.

www.myspace.com/californiawives






No comments:

Post a Comment