About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Poolside- Pacific Standard Time


A band that feels as if it's been together since the advent of dance music creates the ultimate summer record of 2012, It's particularly fitting that they're named Poolside, how has that name not been used already? It's actually two DJ/producers from LA who've conjured up this sublime slab of nu-disco, chock full of supremely digestible dance grooves, and this is actually their first proper record together. Requisite hand claps and novelty dance beats abound but there's enough heady production to keep the listener curious, and engaged.  Bonus spins for turning Neil Young's "Harvest Moon" into a stone-cold lounge classic.


Buy this record if you wanna feel what it feels like to feel good, and you like to dance.

poolsidemusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment