About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Heinz Kiessling- Coloured Strings/ That's Music


Two records, made in 1964 and 1965 respectively, by German Big Band orchestra conductor. Years ago I stumbled upon a great compilation of German library music called Days Of Summer. I couldn't find any info about that particular CD on the internet (I've since found out that Days of Summer is a compilation of Brilliant Library Music Ltd. released on the Brigade Montaine Label in 2006) so I tracked down some music from one of the artists featured on the comp. It turns out that Kiessling is responsible for the theme music heard on the TV show It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, which is somewhat appropriate, because Heinz's music has a loftier, more ornate Larry Ferrari kind of vibe (Ferrari was an organist who had a Sunday morning TV show in Philadelphia, where he basically just sat at an organ and played). Many songs utilize arpeggio string flourishes, the sonic equivalent of tiptoeing down the stairs on christmas morning. The tempos are almost universally upbeat and often feature stop-starts that provide structural relief to the meandering melodies. This music would be a good substitute for zoloft in treating depression as well as inspiration for dusting around the house.





Buy this record while you stoke the fireplace logs and boil water for a nice cup of hot cocoa.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Kiessling

No comments:

Post a Comment