About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Real Estate- Days


North Jersey has become a bit of a hotbed for indie music recently. There's Titus Andronicus from Mahwah, Vivian Girls bassist and La Sera front-man Katy Goodman from New Brunswick, and Real Estate from Ridgewood. North Jersey also produced Yo La Tengo, The Feelies, and some Italian guy from Hoboken named Frank Sinatra. Real Estate offer up breezy pop with similarities to the aforementioned Feelies, as well as a casual nod to The Byrds and The Sea & Cake. It's got just the right amount of lilt to get heads nodding, but not enough juice to shake the rump. They are a well-adjusted suburban teenager's dream and pretty good medicine for a mal-adjusted suburban guy who's now entering his middle ages. One of their guitarists has a side project called Ducktails which I find more interesting than the stuff Real Estate is doing, but who cares what I think.

Buy this record if you wanna remember those hazy summer days spent biking between the Village Market and Dairy Queen.

www.myspace.com/RealEstate

No comments:

Post a Comment