About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jorge Ben- A Tabua de Esmeralda


One of the finest examples of Brazilian tropicalia ever produced, an absolute masterpiece. Jorge Ben is a legend in his native Brazil, but is probably best known in the states as the guy who successfully sued Rod Stewart for copping the riff from "Taj Mahal" for Stewart's hit song "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy". I can't do this record justice with my limited vocabulary, but suffice it to say that it's a beautifully beguiling, superbly sublime, and fantastically festive piece of work. This should be in every music lover's library.



Buy this record if you wanna make children sing, parents clap hands, and friends forgive your transgressions.

www.benjor.com.br

No comments:

Post a Comment