About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kim Novak- The Golden Mean


This French foursome, all dudes, have been traipsing around Europe for 6 years now perfecting their American sounding indie pop. They've blended together topical American pop sounds and regurgitated them on The Golden Mean. This is mostly peppy, non-descript music that wouldn't feel out of place on Gossip Girl. "Love Affair" is a clean take on The Strokes "Last Night", "Montego Bay" borrows from the Clap Your Hands And Say Yeah handbook. "Falling Apart" and "Monsters" are crooning ballads in The National's vein. You get the point...
I'm confused by a band that plays almost exclusively in France yet sings American lyrics. French xenophobes must be ripping their hair out right now.


Buy this record for a stroll down the Seine in your Ford F-150

www.myspace.com/kimnovakk

No comments:

Post a Comment