About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bass Drum Of Death- GB City


Imminently forgettable rehash of Black Keys and The White Stripes from Mississippi guitar/drum duo. Dude who wrote Bass Drum Of Death songs worked for Fat Possum and the music fits the lo-fi/bluesy/garage rock aesthetic that the label has tended to seek out recently. I have a soft spot for Mississippi, my dad lived there for years, he's also buried in Corinth, plus dude sports a Sixers jersey in band promo shot, probably a nod to Philadelphia, Mississippi, so I can't blame these dudes for jumping on the two-man garage rock bandwagon. And they nailed the marketing angle because kids will dig wearing a shirt that says Bass Drum Of Death on it.


Buy this record if you can't decide between a Yazoo Razoo and a Mississippi Mud Pie.

bassdrumofdeath.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment