About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fungi Girls- Some Easy Magic


Three teenage boys from Texas serve up a rehash of surf and psychedelic garage rock with reverb and treble cranked up high. The playing is sloppy, the singing is haphazard, but the flow is earnest. For all we know these kids may not even be aware of their predecessors The Ventures, The 13th Floor Elevators, Dick Dale, et al. Fungi Girls provide a good bookend to Vivian Girls for younger listeners, providing them a peer group to steer toward the dusty shelves of rock's history.


Buy this record if you're learning to ride a bike.

www.hozacrecords.com/2010/08/fungi-girls/

No comments:

Post a Comment