About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Noveller- Glacial Glow


Glacial Glow centers around the guitar work of Brooklyn-based, Lafayette, LA born Sarah Lipstate, but it has a decidedly ambient, other-worldly feel. Guitar notes are doled out sparingly, serving as an anchor for cosmic blips and industrial drones. She often builds off of subtle feedback and delay then layers arpeggio runs and individually strummed higher fret notes to create these made for NOVA musical space probe explorations. It's very mood specific, don't plan on throwing it on at a backyard barbecue, but do plan on a calming and ruminative listening experience.


Buy this record if you want to know how the Mars Rover feels.

sarahlipstate.com/wordpress

No comments:

Post a Comment