About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Aucan- Black Rainbow


Not sure what to make of this band, one second they're playing spaced-out laptop dubstep with twee female vocals, the next second they break out this spazzy Lincoln Park inspired electronic music with half-hearted raps, then while your ears are still sorting out the jumble they hit you with prototypical Euro club circuit fare. To top it off they throw in a traditional Japanese instrumental with biwa, piano, and backward looped notes? So yea, it's safe to assume that this band isn't quite sure what it wants to be. I guess this is how they roll in Italy.


Buy this record when you're not sure if you want coffee, tea, or a milkshake.

www.myspace.com/aucan

No comments:

Post a Comment