About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Little Dragons- Ritual Union


I'm not an expert on Sweden but I can tell you that the country has never been known for its cultural edge. Same goes for its music, a pop landscape dotted with innocuous acts such as ABBA, Jens Lekman, The Cardigans, and Peter Bjorn and John. The Knife may qualify as dark or mysterious but even they have a pop bent. In Little Dragons, Sweden has a new export, with a twist, an ethnic Swedish singer of Japanese descent who has an R&B vocal style. Her voice lacks range but provides a pleasant contrast to Little Dragon's fairly minimal, beat-oriented electronic music. It's the kind of music that would appear edgy in a Starbucks, where it will invariably be played.


Buy this record if getting a tattoo makes you feel counter-culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment