About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Twin Sister- Bad Street


10 inch single from Long Island group that serves as a teaser for their first full length, In Heaven, due to be released on 9/27/11. The name seems to be a play on another Long Island band's name, Twisted Sister, but I could be mistaken. The three songs provide a dictionary definition of the band's musical styles: "Bad Street" is an enjoyable dance tune that harkens back to Talking Heads rhythms, accented by Andrea Estella's methodical vocals, sort of an American version of Laetitia Sadier's, of Stereolab, cadence. "In Heaven" is a mood piece that employs a shimmering string section and keyboard crescendo, with computer blips, over repetitive acoustic guitar notes to create a hypnotic lull. "You Remind Me Of" is a sparse acoustic ballad with a haunting vibe. Nice to know that Long Island is pumping out something other than dentists and accountants.


Buy this record if you prefer Duryea's Lobster Deck over Nick& Toni's.

www.twinsistermusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment