About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ducktails- Live on WFMU 12/19/08


In-studio performance from Real Estate sideman Matthew Mondanile, who goes by the moniker Ducktails, on the legendary not-for-profit radio station WFMU, based in Jersey City, NJ. This show predates the Jersey native's critically acclaimed Arcade Dynamics III album (check out my upcoming review of it at: www.myspoonful.com) by a year or so. Ducktails live set at this point consisted of heaping spoonfuls of wah-wah guitar, delirious keyboard buffers, and improvised jams. Mondanile is now working on putting together a traditional band arrangement for Ducktails live shows.
Note: this set is, or at least was, available through Inflated Records as a vinyl release, and perhaps as a download?


Buy this record if you yearn for the Jersey Shore that isn't being defamed on that popular cable channel.

www.myspace.com/ducktailss

No comments:

Post a Comment