About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Liturgy- Aesthethica


This record feels like one giant outro of math-rock and punkish metal, a punishing assault of cymbal crashes and dueling guitar notes. These guys have the upside down cross and the overtly religious band name. They also have the death wail and mush mouth growl of other black metal bands, but their music aligns more properly with the Isis's and Pelican's of the music world. This is a band that is yearning to be instrumental, but a screeching banshee won't let them.

Buy this record if you're tired of screaming at the tele and the wife/husband isn't home yet.

www.myspace.com/liturgynybm

No comments:

Post a Comment