About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

SBTRKT- SBTRKT


Down-tempo electronic laptop dance music that's basically a cross between 70's disco and electronic dubstep, with nods to Roisin Murphy and Matthew Herbert. It has my 3 year old shaking her stuff on the guest bed. Most of the vocals come courtesy of Young Turk label mates Sampha and Jessie Ware. Sampha's is a cross between the soulful crooning of Jamie Lidell and the twee quiver of James Blake. Ware's vocals are understated, and breathy, but provide a nice compliment to Sampha's. Swedish singer Yukimi, of Little Dragons, lends her voice to "Wildfire", a trippy, beat heavy paean to lust in the digital age. "Pharoahs" jittery keyboard notes, accentuated by vocals by Roses Gabor, create a dance vibe tailor made for the candy-flipping club scene. This is the sound that is dominating the London club scene now, and it's appealing to toddlers.


Buy this record when you need to replace the wallpaper with vinyl siding.

www.sbtrkt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment