About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Prae-Kraut Pandemonium Volume 19


I believe that Germany was just voted, in some kind of global poll, as the "least funny nationality" on the planet. That may be true, but who gives a shit when they crank out some of world's best music. I'd trade Sarah Silverman for Can. This collection of tunes, they made it to 20 volumes, is a great sampling of the beat scene, garage rock, and, as the title implies, the prelude to "Krautrock", a genre that really helped define the German music scene. Lots of good stuff on here, including several derivative tracks (The Trombones shamelessly ape Blind Faith's "I'm A Man" riff), but analogous to the scenes happening in Britain and America at the time. Most songs are also sung in English so you don't have to translate your rock.


Buy this record if want to forget World War II and concentrate on World Cup Soccer.

www.prae-kraut.de/menue.html

No comments:

Post a Comment