About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Up All Night! Volume 2- 30 Underground Soul Hits



A hodge podge of smooth bopping soul tracks from various Mid-Western and New York labels: Veejay, Blue Cat, Dynamo, Maxx Records, and more. You'll find early Ohio Players and Gladys Knight & The Pips songs plus a great opener by the androgynous sounding Dee Clark "That's My Girl". This collection is firmly rooted in the jukebox soul era, with a nod to Northern Soul. Just another comp displaying the brilliant expanses of the soul genre.


Buy this record when you're getting gussied up for a night out on the town.

www.allmusic.com/album/up-all-night-vol-2-30-underground-soul-hits-r447756

No comments:

Post a Comment