About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cecil Gant- Cecil Gant '44-'45 (Flyright 61)


Blues pianist who had a number one hit with the ballad "I Wonder" in the early forties and later recruited Nashville session players on guitar and bass for boogie stomp numbers, the kind of music that Jerry Lee Lewis would later steal, I mean imitate. Unfortunately Gant didn't live to see the advent of Rock'N'Roll, a genre that he inadvertently helped usher in, because he died at the ripe age of 38. Gant wasn't the best singer or most technical piano player but he imbued his music with personality and humor and created

some rollicking harbingers for today's music purveyors, and imitators.



Buy this record when you wanna wash down those farm-fresh eggs with a glass of milk from the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment