About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Friday, July 1, 2011

The Dodos- No Color


Tribal in nature, pounding floor toms, frantically strummed acoustic guitars coupled with pulsing electric guitars, oh, and lots of tambourine. The vocals stand out as the incongruent piece, faux-crooning, emotively twee-ish with soaring background choruses, which takes them out of a hippie family circle and squarely into the indie world. Not sure why Neko Case is singing backup on this record though, her distinct voice is rendered homogenous here, they could have used any female singer for those parts. The band calls the Best City in America their home, San Frantastic, so points for that.


Buy this record if you can't choose between the endive and the watercress.

www.dodosmusic.net

No comments:

Post a Comment