About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Brad Paisley- This Is Country Music


I think it was inevitable when I started this blog that I'd eventually be reviewing Brad Paisley records. I'm just following in the footsteps of my father, who after he kicked his drinking, snorting, and fighting habits, found God, threw away his Dylan and Bowie records, then embraced God's music like a Mississippi maven driving his Ford F-150 through the streets of Tupelo looking for hickory-smoked barbecue and a dog to call Bubba. When Brad cackles, "she'd rather wear a pair of cut-off jeans then a fancy evening dress/ and when the windows rolled down and her hair blown all around she's a hot southern mess" on "Old Alabama" you know you've reached the promised land. It's safe to throw away my Thin Lizzy and Camper Van Beethoven records now.


Buy this record if you're living in an alternate universe and have lost the will to live.

www.bradpaisley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment