About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Carnival Of Soul: Wishes Volume One


Even though Barbara Brown is urging you to "Forget Him" because she wants her man back, you can't feel bad about having stolen him because this collection from one of soul's main stables, Kent Records, feels so good. Highlights include: "My Love Is Yours Tonight" by The Turner Brothers, two standouts from Lee Williams & The Cymbals "I Love You More" & "It's Everything About You", and "'Til You Come Back To Me" by The Manhattans.
There are some burners on this collection but it's the ballads that really shine. Volume One of this 3-part series cuts a wide swath through Northern Soul, Doo-Wop, and Deep Soul. I'll probably review the other 2 collections here soon, but you should check them all out regardless.


Buy this record when you need to make sweet love to that person who is giving you the make sweet love to me vibe.

www.acerecords.co.uk/content.php?page_id=59&release=969

No comments:

Post a Comment