About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Coathangers- Larceny & Old Lace


They look like they don't know how to hold their instruments, their vocals (when not being screamed) are pretty weak, and they're from Georgia, but they have a cool name. There aren't many all-female bands bopping around Atlanta playing snotty garage rock these days so the girls must stick out. Whether you like them or not it's refreshing to have a female perspective in a medium that is so inherently dominated by men. The standout "Johnny" sounds like the B-52s on meth while "My Baby", with its repetitive guitar riff and carnival organ run, shows a mellow, more rhythmic side of the band.


Buy this record if you wanted to try out for the cheerleading squad but dropped acid instead.

www.thecoathangers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment