About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Neil Young International Harvesters- A Treasure


It's probably not fashionable to be writing reviews about Neil Young but I don't give a shit. He's a true music icon. He's written some beautiful songs, he's made some noisy songs, and he's taken a lot of detours. This is one of those detours. Culled from live performances between 1984-1985, A Treasure documents Young's country/blues exploration while backed by some of country music's greatest session players. There are 5 unreleased tracks included on this record that will satisfy hardcore fans. This is not a good starting point for the Neil Young catalog. For that I'd suggest Everybody Knows This is Nowhere, Harvest, or After the Gold Rush.

Buy this record if you wanna take some time to smell the flowers.

www.neilyoung.com




No comments:

Post a Comment