About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sonny and The Sunsets- Hit After Hit


Yet another in a growing list of Bay Area nostalgia acts reveling in doo wop and sedated surf rock. I'll list them here and forget some: Girls, Hunx & His Punx, The Sandwitches, and Shannon & The Clams. Ask and I'm confident every one of them will claim the Ronettes or the Shangri-La's as influences. The current crop of music writers probably haven't bandied these influential names around since, well, since ever? It's a very pleasant style to emulate and this new generation of bands is doing the music world justice by bringing it back into the fold.


Buy this record if you can't chew gum at the dance but still wanna wear your knee-highs.

www.sonnysmith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment