About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Prisoners- Wisermiserdemelza


This compilation, from Big Beats Records, gathers material released by obscure British band The Prisoners between 1983-1984. They blended garage, psych, and mod pretty effortlessly, but never found mainstream success despite their consistent touring presence throughout the UK. They borrowed from the Jam and bequeathed their sound to the Charlatans UK, buoyed by the sweet Hammond organ playing of James Taylor (not the "Fire & Rain" Taylor) who went on to form the successful band The James Taylor Quartet. The Prisoners are the reason music collectors still scour dusty record bins and thrift shop racks for lost treasure.


Buy this record if you want to dive into the deep end of the pool.

www.myspace.com/theprisonersmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment