About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Purling Hiss- Lounge Lizards


Real lo-fi take on garage rock, with swirls of distorted guitar and muffled vocals, that invokes the spirit of The Stooges with a hint of Dinosaur Jr. Sounds like Kurt Vile is singing on the lead track as well, both bands are from Philly so who knows? Purling Hiss are keeping themselves busy, having released the Lounge Lizards EP on the heels of their last EP Hissteria. I actually dig the progression to a lower fidelity sound. While most bands are trying to expand their sound and production value, Purling Hiss is content paring theirs down and representing Philly's blue-collar roots.  "Hoodoo" is a real scorcher that should sate any punk's palette. They certainly know how to make a racket so expect them to peal the paint off of your club's wall, then eat it when they come to your town.


Buy this record when you need to unclog the sink.

www.myspace.com/purlinghiss

No comments:

Post a Comment