About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Derek "DJA" Allen Presents: Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears- Livin' In The Jungle


Allen takes songs from this Austin, TX blues band (with a dash of soul) and mashes them up with elements of crunk, hip-hop, and party-stomping choruses. It works well on "Booty City" and "She's So Scandalous", creating a genre-hopping Outkast vibe. It doesn't work on other tracks. BJW & Honeybears music is standard bar blues fare that benefits from this kind of treatment, but neither the original music nor enhanced producing really stand out.


Buy this record if you're camping, you forgot to marinade the steak, and all you got is a jar of mayonnaise.

www.blackjoelewis.com

No comments:

Post a Comment