About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Stevie Nicks- In Your Dreams


With her writing partner and one-time lover Lindsay Buckingham, Stevie Nicks took a respectable blues band and turned them into a fucking musical juggernaut, thus cementing the "California sound" in rock's history. While with the Mac she wrote "Rhiannon", "Angel", "Dreams", "Landslide", "Sara" then embarked on a solo career and cranked out more hits, "Stop Draggin" My Heart Around", "Edge of Seventeen", "Stand Back",and "Leather and Lace". And she's still at it. Stevie doesn't need to evolve musically, not for you, not for me, not for anyone. But here she is in 2011 with a new record.  Not sure what she was thinking about while recording the song"New Orleans" though. But who am I to question, it's Stevie fucking Nicks for chrissakes!


Buy this record if you want to close your eyes softly and become that part of the wind that we both long for sometimes, you have your own life, and you are stronger than we know.

www.rockalittle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment