About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Friday, June 17, 2011

The Donkeys- Born With Stripes


Breezy pop with indie rock hooks from upbeat SoCal crew. The best tracks "Ceiling Tan" and "I Like The Way You Talk" succeed because of their obvious structural similarity to Pavement songs . Some of the record veers to close to Americana-style rock for my taste and the lyrical content is weak, but the group does a fine job mixing blues licks and a little raga into the pot. They keep reminding me of The National for some reason. The Donkeys have some mainstream potential and will probably be on a short list for the festival circuit next year.



Buy this record for the car ride with your Aunt who's just getting into yoga.

www.donkeysongs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment