About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Pachuco Soul! A Collection of Vintage East-LA Grooves From The Vaults of Rampart Records


Vampisoul is known for it's quality reissues of obscure bands and labels, and is responsible for this collection of Mexicano soul from LA. Most of the record is instrumental and could easily pass for soundtrack music to Beach Blanket Bingo type movies or as filler music. Many tracks are derivative take-offs of early soul staples. There's nothing inherently unique to this collection, as it doesn't stand up to several of Vampisoul's other releases, but it's still a good way to kick off your sock hop.


Buy this record if you can't stay away from the hardware store and need another tool for the shed.

www.vampisoul.com/detail_cd.asp?referencia=34

No comments:

Post a Comment