About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sturm Und Twang!- A Private Collection of German Underground Pop


Musically, Germany is known mainly for its Krautrock (Can, Neu, Faust, Amon Duul) and Hard Rock (Scorpions, Michael Schenker, Accept, Rammstein), but this 1995 compilation of post-punk and alternative pop songs gives us a glimpse into the underbelly of a vibrant music scene. It's sung mostly in German and one track is produced by a non-German, David Lowery of Camper Van Beethoven. You gotta give the Germans credit because I wouldn't want to figure out what to rhyme Geschwindigkeitsüberschreitung with.



Buy this record for folding laundry into perfect squares while eating hazelnut truffles.

www.discogs.com/Various-Sturm-Und-Twang-A-Private-Collection-Of-German-Underground-Pop/release/510930

No comments:

Post a Comment