About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Gardens & Villa- Gardens & Villa


Here comes another band from Southern California, this time from Santa Barbara, a quaint coastal town well-known for wineries and two-stepping Cowboy bars with sawdust covered floors. Gardens & Villa are kicking up a different kind of sawdust. The band does quiet well, they make 80's synth beats bounce, they're propulsive in a relaxed manner. It feels like they kind of blew their wad by the close of the record, but there's plenty on this debut that warrants Gardens & Villa a closer look.


Buy this record if you want to slip into something more comfortable.

secretlycanadian.com/artist.php?name=gardensvilla

No comments:

Post a Comment