About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pucho & His Latin Soul Brothers- Heat!


I think the album's name has had a subliminal effect on me because I can't help thinking about the summer streets of 125th and Adam Clayton Powell in Harlem when listening to this late 60's slab of funky Latin soul. The busy percussion of the ever-mingling crowds, the darting horns of traffic flow, and then there's the Heat!, enveloping, relentless, ultimately forcing you to slow your pace and engage your senses before succumbing to the hallucinatory elements while you search for ways to quench that exquisite thirst. This record pretty much sums up a typical summer day in NYC for me.


Buy this record when the sidewalk melts and the shaved ice truck is in sight.

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pucho_%26_His_Latin_Soul_Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment