About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Red Fang- Murder The Mountains


Here's another metal band that can't resist the lure of added production. These guys started out as a bluesier version of Mastodon with a hint of REO Speedealer. Whereas Mastodon seemed proggy and technical in its approach, Red Fang veered toward a gritty punkishness. There's definitely an added layer of sheen to the Murder The Mountain songs that was missing from their self-titled debut, which moves them a step closer to Queens of the Stone Age territory. This may be a good thing for listeners, I'm on the fence. It's still pretty much in your face bro-tastic music that will pummel you as you pummel down  PBR and shots of Cuervo. I was pretty impressed with their set at the Fog Rising Festival in San Fran back in 2009 and imagine that their live show has only gotten better.


Buy this record when you're hiding under the bridge, waiting for a dust devil.

www.redfang.net

No comments:

Post a Comment