About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Seapony- Go With Me


Sometimes I hear a band and I feel like I'm just getting old and tired. Then I remember that I'm not old and that it's this particular band that is making me feel old and tired. I'm getting tired of the we-formed-a-band-and-it-sounds-like-we-just-learned-to-play-our-instruments schtick. Throw in the breathy, monotone female vocals and viola!, some basement dwelling PR geek is trying to sell you on their refreshingly retro appeal. The exact same drum machine track is used on half of the songs. I could go on and on, I need to stop because I'm getting old, I'm tired, and I'm gonna give myself heartburn.


Buy this record if you want to simulate a root canal with your ears.

www.hardlyart.com/seapony.html

No comments:

Post a Comment