About

Is this record worth a spin? Should I buy it? Will it add to or detract
from my credibility? Should I care?
I wish someone could break it down for me.

Friday, June 24, 2011

JEFF the Brotherhood- We Are The Champions


JEFF consist of two brothers, a guitar-drum duo from Nashville, TN who also run a local record label Infinity Cat Recordings. Mostly melodic, partly punk, and highly hipster in concept. Guitars are steeped in distorted classic rock riffs with liberal doses of Black Sabbath. Lots of crash and ride on the drums, but surprisingly no cowbell. I can't help but compare them to the bass-drum duo Death From Above 1979, especially on "Ripper". You could waste 30 minutes on much lesser things than this.


Buy this record when you're scoping chicks down at the Dairy Queen.

www.jeffbrotherhood.blogspot.com
www.infinitycat.com

No comments:

Post a Comment